Friday, March 02, 2007

I'm Off to South Africa

Tomorrow morning bright and early, I head to the airport for a brief visit to South Africa. I, along with 2 colleagues will be joining others from Canada, the UK, Australia, and South Africa in the annual meeting of Hands@Work. Hands@Work is a South African NGO working with more than 10,000 orphans in South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Malawi, Zambia, Congo and Nigeria.

We'll be spending our time meeting with African leaders of Hands@Work and with others, who like ourselves, are attempting to walk alongside African Christians and churches working in communities devastated by the AIDS pandemic.

In the next 3 years Hands@Work will be taking care of 100,000 orphans in Sub-Saharan Africa -- so there is a lot of work to do.

I'll be back in about a week - jet-lagged and tired, but hopefully feeling like our trip was significant and accomplished the purposes of God.

Pray for us as we go. I especially need prayer for my health, as I am battling a bad cold/flu like thing.

No comments: